We're looking for a full-stack PHP 7/Laravel senior developer that can help us launch a
disruptive platform for the Notary and Real Estate industry.
Our culture strongly promotes openness, constructive criticism, and the desire to create beautiful, well tested, usable products for our customers. We're all very easy to work with (we promise! :]) and want a developer that is as well.
As a remote team, we put a lot of trust in our team members to make good decisions independently, but openly collaborate when needed. However, due to the importance of constant collaboration, we wish to have developers in the US.
Who are we?
We’re NotaryDash. We are disrupting the Notary & Real Estate market with our platform to ease loan closings by automating and digitizing the process. We’re a remote team all over the US from Florida to Seattle, WA.
You’ll be working directly with the CTO on the development of our platform. You’ll
be responsible for future developers we hire.
Types of problems we're tackling
• Building a highly complex web platform with 6+ user personas
• Integrating multiple industry APIs
• A native mobile app that will largely mirror our responsive website for added device interaction
WHAT TECH WE'RE USING SO FAR
• Laravel 5.5
What skills we're looking for
• You're an experienced PHP developer and you've already worked heavily with PHP 7.1
• You’ve lead a team in the past and are comfortable leading a team.
• You've VERY familiar with Laravel 5 (We're using 5.5).
• You're full stack. You can work easily in CSS3, CSS3 animations, HTML5, Gulp, Webpack, and front-end frameworks. We're using Vue.js currently.
• You’re very familiar and have worked heavily in TDD. This is a REQUIREMENT as the complexity of our system requires it.
• You have a consistent working schedule and great work ethic. This project requires promptness
• You're comfortable writing complex mySQL queries. You understand how indexes work, how to fix slow queries, and work with read slaves and replication.
• You're self motivated. As a remote team, nobody is constantly looking over our shoulders (or should they be if we weren't remote), so keeping on track is important.
• You're empathetic of others. Our customers' desires and concerns are one of our top priorities. We're building this platform because our competitors don't seem to address them.
• You're open to communicating directly with our customers, if necessary. While this will be rare, we may have the occasion where we have a customer with an issue that needs a developer in the conversation.
• You've worked with designers and understand how to translate designer needs into web pages.
• You can bring a fresh perspective if necessary. You're not afraid to challenge the assumptions of others and provide rational arguments for why a set of decisions are bad.
• You've used AWS or Google Cloud Compute (We're using GCE).
• You're highly proficient in English, or a native speaker. Sometimes our conversations can be fast paced and comprehension of slang and colloquialisms is important to a good workflow.
Nice to have
• Apache Cordova, Swift, or Android Java experience
• Familiarity with Agile & Scrum
• Familiarity with JIRA
• UX experience (or interest in it) would be excellent.
Like what you read? Tell us how you're a great fit. In your cover letter, please include specific snippets from this description and how you can contribute to the project.
Contact us at [email protected]